I have a soft spot for Christmas carols. I’m not sure why, but they have always been one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. When I was a child, I doubt that I thought very much about the meaning or the message in most carols. However, as an adult, I’ve discovered many Christmas carols really do have a good lesson. This Advent, I am going to research the stories and meanings behind popular carols; reflect on some of the top news stories of 2021; and, celebrate the uplifting messages old familiar Christmas carols can bring to our lives. Come to worship this Advent to uncover The Real Meaning of Christmas Carols.
Weekly Bible Readings
- Jeremiah 33:14-16 – It came upon the midnight clear
- Malachi 3:1-4 – What child is this
- Zephaniah 3:14-20 – O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Luke 1:39-45 – Christmas Sunday
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-13 – The New Year
Make your own Christmas traditions with this year’s Maize Manor UMC Advent Calendar!
Friday Night Live: Santa’s Workshop
- Come on Friday, December 3, 6:00-7:00 p.m. for pictures with Santa, crafts, cookie decorating, and reindeer games!
- On Saturday, December 11, we will have a Maize Manor Market to give food, clothes, hats and gloves to the community. Hats and gloves will be collected from Sunday, November 7 – Sunday, December 5.
Christmas Sunday: December 19
- Join us for our annual Christmas Cantata!
Friday Night Live presents Christmas Eve
- On Friday, December 24, at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary, we will have our annual service with lessons, carols and the Children’s Christmas Play.
Ryan began his pastoral ministry at Maize Manor United Methodist Church in 2014 after serving at the Church of the Messiah in Westerville, Ohio. He lives in Columbus with his wife, Mariellyn, and five children. Visit the Staff Page to learn more about Pastor Ryan.